The 37th edition of Baja Portalegre 500 will once again bring the international off-road elite to Portugal, from 26 to 28 October. Again integrated in the FIA World Cup of TT, this ACP event succeeds Baja Poland in the calendar, in a season that starts in February, with Baja Saudi Arabia. The dates for the 2023 championship were recently announced by the Portuguese Automobile and Karting Federation (FPAK).
The Portuguese classic, famous for the tough Alentejo selective sectors and for the large audience, promises to once again attract big names of the sport, on two and four wheels, continuing the legacy started in 1987. In 2022, remember: the national and European champion, João Ferreira (MINI), made history by becoming the youngest winner ever of an FIA World Cup race, at the age of 23, and António Maio (Yamaha) also achieved a thrilling triumph on motorbikes, with the shortest margin of victory ever in Portalegre: 0.1s.
This year, the FIA World Cup will have some changes in the traditional dates and novelties in the courses. Half of the calendar will take place in the Middle East, with races in Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Jordan and the United Arab Emirates. Europe hosts the remaining four rounds of the season, respectively in Italy, Spain, Poland and Portugal. Check out the full FIA Bajas Cross-Country World Cup calendar:
- February 2 to 4: Baja Saudi Arabia (Saudi Arabia)
- March 16 to 18: Qatar International Baja (Qatar)
- July 6 to 9: Baja Italia (Italy)
- July 20 to 23: Baja de España Aragón (Spain)
- August 24 to 27: Baja Poland (Poland)
- October 26 to 28: Baja Portalegre 500 (Portugal)
- November 2 to 4: Baja da Jordânia (Jordan)
- December 1 to 3: Baja Internacional do Dubai (United Arab Emirates)
New information will be released soon. Until then, keep up with all the updates on our website and our official social media pages.